Thursday, April 5, 2018

90's Living Room Transformation- ORC Week 1

90's Living Room Transformation

https://www.oneroomchallenge.com/
 

 Week 1


Our house was built in the 90's, so all of the rooms could use a little bit of a refresher, but no room needs it more than our living room!

The built-ins in the living room are built for one of those jumbo flat screens that everyone used to have in the 90s and the shelves are flimsy on the other side. I am all about symmetry, so the built-ins immediately drove me crazy when we were looking at our house!


The other thing that immediately caught my eye (in a bad way) was the carpet. Not only is the carpet like a shag carpet, but it also runs into hardwoods that are in the kitchen, so it makes the living room feel much smaller.


I am also not a fan of the fireplace, the paint color, or the cheap blinds on the beautiful floor to ceiling windows, so pretty much the whole room is a gut job.


Now onto my plans for the room:

My  husband is super handy, so I am hoping  to talk him into rebuilding the built-ins to make them look more symmetrical. I love gray bookshelves like the one below!


Design by Sims Hilditch

We will also rip up the carpet and put down hardwoods to make the space feel larger. I will paint the walls a neutral, either gray or white.

I want to get a new cast stone mantel with a modern vibe and I want to get nice new shutters to replace the cheap blinds.
I love the built-ins and the fireplace in this gorgeous neutral living room by Munger Interiors.


Design by Munger Interiors

A large sectional will tie the space together nicely and make it the perfect place for cozying up and watching t.v.

Follow along over the next five weeks as my husband and I transform this space and give it a much-needed facelift while completing the One Room Challenge




No comments:

Post a Comment

90s Living Room Transformation- Reveal

  The One Room Challenge  reveal of our living room is finally here! My husband and I had so much fun bringing our living room into th...