Friday, April 20, 2018

90's Living Room Transformation-ORC Week 3

90's Living Room Transformation


https://www.oneroomchallenge.com/



Week 3



The mantel that was in our living room was a little too ornate for my taste. I also thought it dated the space a little. I knew I wanted a cast stone mantel, but they were way out of my budget.


Luckily, someone on Facebook was selling a custom made cast stone mantel that didn't work in their space for a fraction of the cost! I jumped on the opportunity and bought the mantel. The mantel was a little too large for our space, so we had to have the mantel company cut it down to fit our space. This week was pretty easy, since we had someone from the mantel company come and install the mantel for us. See before and after pictures below!


Here is the old mantel. You can also see that there was a lot of texture on the walls that we had to smooth out.





We ripped out the mantel and patched the drywall. We were able to keep the mantel in tact, so we sold it for $50 so someone else could enjoy the mantel.



Then we let the mantel crew take over on the instillation. Here is a progress shot after the new mantel was installed:




I didn't really love the fake logs that were in the fireplace, so I wanted to either replace them or find a screen to cover them up. I found a Restoration Hardware fireplace screen on Craigslist for $150, so I figured that would do the trick! Here is a picture of the finished product. I am in love with our new mantel and I am so glad that we were able to find something so beautiful within our budget!





That wraps up week 3 of the One Room Challenge. Follow along next week as we install new built-ins in our living room! You can follow along here or follow me on Instagram @libsykora


No comments:

Post a Comment

90s Living Room Transformation- Reveal

  The One Room Challenge  reveal of our living room is finally here! My husband and I had so much fun bringing our living room into th...